Wednesday 17 June 2015

Being Brave

I've always loved Impressionist art. It doesn't matter how hard I try to create a different looking work, it always ends up looking very Impressionistic or a little bit Impressionistic. It's the colours, the texture, the movement of the style that I just adore. Van Gogh has long been my favourite Impressionistic artist(Technically speaking, he was a Post-Impressionist artist) His work, to me, is stunning.

One thing I am learning about my artwork lately, is that I'm not really happy to just 'dabble' and be safe anymore. I have this urging to create a monstrous canvas piece of ... something! A landscape? A portrait? Our cat?! Who knows?!! But I think I'm working up enough courage to just jump in and give it a shot! I feel as though I've been 'practicing' for years and years, and now? Now it's time to get cracking!

I would like to see my art progressing and each day, getting that little bit better at what I do. Not comparing myself to others, but enjoying the uniqueness of my own work. Art is, after all, individual expression.


I really appreciate this quote from Matisse, and while it is sometimes easier said than done, it's something that I'm really desiring to implement more into my art.

COURAGE = BRAVERY = BOLDNESS = INDIVIDUALITY.

One thing I do know, is that when I do create courageously, it will most likely have an Impressionistic vibe to it! 

See what I mean?! ...


'The Long Journey Home'.

I used oil pastels to create this piece, entirely from my imagination without a reference picture. For me, that was courageous. And yep, Impressionistic feel! Now, I'm ready to take the step in creating that large piece of work! 

Wish me luck! 

I'll let you know how it goes!

I hope you have a beautifully creative week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they make me very happy!